How to Stay Safe in Delhi-NCR? Journalist Narrates Horrific Experience of Moment She Left From Office, More Women Respond With Similar Stories; Read Tweets

How to Stay Safe in Delhi-NCR? Journalist Narrates Horrific Experience of Moment She Left From Office, More Women Respond With Similar Stories; Read Tweets
New Delhi, October 3: When will women be safe in Delhi-NCR? How can women be safe in Delhi? These big questions remain a blot on Delhi as more incidents of sexual crimes surface from the national capital every single day. Another such horrific incident was narrated by Anubhuti Vishnoi, a journalist, on Twitter on Wednesday. Vishnoi took to Twitter, telling people about how she had a narrow escape from something that could have been a bigger crime.
"I step out of office and I am at the stairs outside the building when a young-looking man comes up to me and asks me to give him some food to eat," she tweeted, adding that she ignored him as he looked fit enough to be able to earn and eat. 
However, what followed was scarier and made Vishnoi panic. She said that the man followed her to her car, started knocking at her car's window and even unzipped himself. She panicked and started her car to escape the scene.
Here's what Anubhuti Vishnoi, a journalist at Economic Times, tweeted:
What followed Vishnoi's stories was even more disturbing - similar stories about possibly the same man doing that to more women.
Here are some more horrific incidents narrated by more women:
Anubhuti, same guy (or so I presume) approached me as I stepped out of building at around 7pm. I ignored and luckily my car was right there, so I quickly got in


7:15 pm. It is dark outside.
I step out of office and I am at the stairs outside the building when a young looking man comes up to me and asks me to give him some food to eat.
Purely by instinct and thinking that he is fit enough to find work, I chose to ignore him and walk away
This is scary! I normally feel safe around office, but when I left around 8 pm today, there was a kind of creepy looking guy hanging around the parked cars who ambled along behind me as I started walking to the metro. 1/


Women safety in Delhi-NCR has been an issue plaguing the national capital for years now. Over the years, CCTV cameras have been installed across the city, but, reports say, most of them don't work. Another important thing that Vishnoi pointed out in her tweets was that the incident may not have happened at all had a Delhi Police PCR van been at the spot.

Post a Comment

0 Comments