A glass of minty green juice every day can help you lose weight


There are many morning rituals that help you rejuvenate. Mine is a glass of green juice that helps me begin my day with a bang.
If you too are a health fanatic like me, then hitting the gym and eating a healthy breakfast is your daily dose of energy. But what if I tell you that this one small addition to your regime can actually turn things around?
I have been drinking green juices each morning after my workout for almost a year and everything–from my skin, weight, hair, and overall health–has benefited from it. Not to mention, it also helped me lose weight–and overcome the plateau I had reached with my gym routine.
credit: joe grass
So, what exactly is my poison?
Well, I like to add variety to my glass of green. I add veggies like cucumber, spinach, bitter gourd (karela), bottle gourd (ghiya), neem leaves, mint leaves, wheatgrass, amla, aloe vera, and a hint of lemon for taste! You can also add other ingredients like beetroot, carrot, apple, and tomato to make this magic potion tastier.
Just combine all these ingredients in a blender, add a little bit of water, and give it whirl or two. Once pureed, run the mixture through a sieve and gulp it down.
credit: The simple kitchen
What are the benefits of this green guzzler? 
Cucumber: It’s a low-cal, high-nutrient food that is rich in antioxidants and promotes weight loss. High in water content, cucumber also keeps me hydrated.
Spinach: Remember how Popeye use to down a can of spinach to gain muscle power? That’s it! This is what spinach does for me. Rich in calcium and protein, it also strengthens the bones. Not to mention, its vitamin A and C, fibre, and folic acid content helps keep free radicals at bay–thus cutting down cancer risk.
Bitter gourd: With antioxidants and vitamins A and C – bitter gourd or karela purifies blood and banishes acne. Plus, it also adds lustre to hair.
Bottle gourd: This green juice made me forgo my daily dose of protein shake. Why you ask? Well, bottle gourd is an excellent alternative to post-workout drinks. With 96% water, it helps with weight loss, keeps the body cool, and diminishes the risk of urinary tracts infection (UTI).
Neem: A natural blood purifier, neem bestows clear and acne-free skin. Plus it also has liver cleansing benefits.
Mint leaves: Mint or pudina improves digestion and is a natural stress reliever. Not to mention, it tastes delicious!
credit: joy food sunshine

Post a Comment

0 Comments