Divya Dutta: Do Not Want To Comment On Social Media Just For The Sake Of It


National Award-winning actress Divya Dutta says that as an artist she would instead painting unique characters on-screen than remark on modern affairs that have no connection with her instantaneous subject of work. She provides that she rejects the concept of doing most "expected" from a celebrity.
"I simply do now not desire to be a famous face who remarks on social media simply for the sake of it. We are residing in that scenario now the place any celebrity, making or now not making remarks on present day affairs, receives judged via a part of people. If I remark on some thing political, one area will troll me. If I do now not categorical my opinion that is now not associated to my immediately field, humans will say, 'phir celeb hone ka kya faida (then what's the use of being a celeb)."
She added, "Basically we are now not allowed to exercise our desire besides criticism. We constantly behave in the way society wants. Now, one prolonged section of society is residing on social media. Jahaan sirf baaton ki batangad baanti hai, aur kuch nahin (where things are blown out of proportion, and little else happens)," Divya advised IANS.
Whether her position of a housewife in the quick movie Sleeping Partner, a lover in the upcoming quick movie Sheer Qorma or an essential position in the upcoming thriller internet collection Special Ops, Divya is inserting out a lot of performing assignments on screen.
Asked what the accountability of an actor is, she replied: "(The duty of an actor is) to play a personality the place one is very unique from the other. As an actress, I choose to painting characters that signify one-of-a-kind sections of society. Recently one of my quick films, Sleeping Partner, addressed the difficulty of marital rape. As an actress, I performed a phase in that story because I cherished the story and felt it was once an essential one."
"I additionally play a gay personality in the quick movie Sheer Qorma, and after the launch of the trailer, humans stated that they cherished me seeing in it. Again, (it is) an necessary story. The reality of the depend is I will use my medium to do matters that are anticipated of me, to entertain humans due to the fact I am an actress," she signed off.

Post a Comment

0 Comments