Former cricketer Irfan Pathan's big statement on Darren Sammy's racism allegations


Former West Indies captain Darren Sammy had alleged that he was a victim of racist remarks while playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in the Indian Premier League (IPL). Sammy made the charge after the murder of African-origin George Floyd in the US. In such a situation, Irfan Pathan, former fast bowler of Team India, has made a big disclosure on the breed. Actually, during a conversation with a cricket website, Pathan said, 'I was with Sammy in 2014. I think if this actually happened, the matter would certainly have been discussed. So, I am not aware of such things because nothing was discussed on a large scale. But at the same time, we need to educate our people because I have seen them making racist remarks in domestic cricket. '
Irfan further said, 'Some of our cricketers, especially in South India, face such things in the northern and western parts of the country. Although I do not want to name anyone. What will happen among the crowd, someone tries to think of himself as more scholarly. Not because people are racist, but it seems that someone tries to get popular by saying something like that. During this, he also crosses his line in jest.

Post a Comment

0 Comments