Sorry, I won't say sorry: Rajinikanth on controversy, protests over his claim on Periyar


Superstar Rajinikanth has refused to apologise to protesters who are agitated over his controversial remark on E V Ramasamy 'Periyar'. On Tuesday, Rajinikanth addressed the media and, displayed copies of news publications to back his claim and said "I will not apologise".

credit: third party image reference
Ahead of a protest planned by a pro-Tamil group to lay siege on his house, Rajinikanth came out of his house with copies of publications and spoke to the media.

Tamil groups are angry over the remarks of Rajinikanth on Periyar and planning to lay siege over his residence in Chennai. Showing copies of the news clippings, Rajinikanth said he did not say imaginary things about Periyar in his speech and will never apologise.

credit: third party image reference
"There is a debate on an issue I spoke on and which happened in 1971. I didn't make up what I said. People are saying I made it up but I didn't. Sorry, I won't apologise," said a confident Rajinikanth.

With copies of publications to corroborate his claim of Periyar undressing the images of Lord Sri Ramachandramoorthy and Sita during a rally in 1971, Rajinikanth said, "I have magazines here to show what I said was true. I am telling what I saw. They are telling what they saw."

credit: third party image reference
Rajinikanth, in his speech at the 50th anniversary-cum- readers' connect event of Tamil satire magazine 'Thuglak' on January 14 in Chennai, had remarked, "In 1971, at Salem, Periyar took out a rally in which undressed images of Lord Sri Ramachandramoorthy and Sita -with a garland of sandal-featured and no media house had the guts to publish it."

Post a Comment

0 Comments